Extensive Listening Reports: Short Stories

    


     Hi everyone! Today I will share my second listening report about short stories. I have listened these short stories from YouTube and Google Podcast. This report will be the same as the first listening report, but I will add a question for this second report. Let's get started!



Identity

Title: My First Cooking Class

Source: Google Podcast (tap here)

Author: unknown

Date of  listening: February 19, 2021

Description about the text

This story tells about a woman named Suzy. She took the first cooking class. Her teacher is a chef in Paris. While learning to cook, she daydreamed many times. The teacher explains how to make a pizza. Suzy daydreams about the future of being able to cook in Paris.

Comment about the text

I think this story has a very useful meaning for the future. The meaning that can be taken is that we have to get maximum results.

Something new

What I got from this story is that I have a new vocabulary, daydreaming. I also know that pizza is a very popular and common dish in Paris. Every people wants to be successful and it comes from zero.



Identity

Title: My Wig Got Snatched in School

Source: YouTube (https://youtu.be/yMA986znjis)

Author: unknown

Date of listening: February 20, 2021

Description about the text

This story tells about Charlotte who has a problem at 13. She pulling out her hair and bald because she was diagnosed trichotillomania. Her family provides a solution using a wig. At school everyone liked her hairstyle. But two girls feel snobby and pull her wig then she became embarrassed. 

Comment about the text

My comment related to this story is we know that no one is perfect. Thinking that others will not accept us way we are. Making fun or judging one another will only cause unwanted harmful saying positive and self-confident are very important.

Something new

I got information about trichotillomania, a disorder that involves an irresistible repetitive urge to pull out body hair. I also have new vocabularies ashamed, shameful, complimented, ease, snobby, and fuming.


Identity

Title: I was Pregnant with a Fish

Source: YouTube (https://youtu.be/QMkMHWbSRL8)

Author: unknown

Date of listening: February 20, 2021

Description about the text

This story tells about 15 years old girl who panicked with an enlarged stomach like she was pregnant. She checked the ultrasound but the result was fish. It turned out that she was not pregnant with fish, but an ovarian cyst which made her stomach enlarge.

Comment about the text

I think this story has a good story-line because it is interesting to listen to. The thing that I can take is not to believe too much in what is not necessarily certain and what other people say is not necessarily true.

Something new

What I got from this story is new vocabularies wives, obviously, panicking, gasped, cyst, burst, assured, and bloated. 

What would you do if you were the main character?

If I were the main character I wouldn't swim on the beach during my period and I don't believe legends easily either.

Okay, that's all my second listening report. Thank you ❤.

Comments

Popular Posts