Listening Report 5

 



     Hi everyone! Today I will share my listening report about the news video. I have listened to these news videos from YouTube. This report is challenging for me because I will pretend that I was interviewing three people from different backgrounds and make comments or opinions based on the news video.


Identity
Title: The Rush to Get Away
Date of listening: March 20, 2021

Description about the text
Americans are eager to plan their post-COVID vacations and cruise lines, as well as airlines, are starting to cash in. In addition, using cruise lines is easier to do because it is more efficient. Cruise lines have seen a 55% increase from before COVID.

Comment about the text
In my opinion, the vaccine makes it easier for airlines and cruise line users. Then, people can travel safely and comfortably.

Something new
  • Vocabulary: willing, incentives, plenty.
  • Information: Travel with cruise and airlines more comfortable.
  • Insight: post-COVID vacations using cruise lines and airlines starting to cash in.


Identity
Title: Over 2 Dozen Tornadoes Touch Down in Southeast
Date of listening: March 19, 2021

Description about the text
The big highest and tornado in the Carolinas. The tornado caused many houses to collapse and damage. In addition, a large tree hundreds of years old had fallen. So far there have been no casualties. The students packed the hall while waiting for the weather to improve.

Comment about the text
In my opinion, people should stay at home to reduce many risks. If the house is exposed to the red zone, the residents are expected to evacuate to a safer place. 

Something new
  • Vocabulary: crawl, beastly, torturing, demolishing, relentless, disastrous, jam-packed, obliterated.
  • Information: I know that huge tornado in Mississippi.
  • Insight: Always be careful in many situations.


Identity
Title: 1.7 Million More People Told to Shield from Coronavirus in England
Date of listening: March 19, 2021

Description about the text
The number of people in England being asked to shield to protect themselves from Coronavirus is being expanded. The government is recommending an extra 1.7 million people to be added to 2.3 million people. It is planned to be vaccinated gradually.

Comment about the text
I think the government made a very right policy. It can make citizens obey the government's directives. Also by protecting large numbers of people, it can reduce the spread of the coronavirus.

Something new
  • Vocabulary: inequalities, brent, prompted.
Now, I will pretend that I am interviewing three different people and I will give an opinion. 
Hi everyone, my name is Gracia. I apologize for interrupting your work. So I will interview you related to this news. You can comment and what affects the pandemic in your life.

1. Tejo - a fisherman
 To be honest, I didn't know what happened in that country because I don't have a TV. However, I feel the impact of this pandemic such as the sale of fish that I get has become empty of buyers.

2. Sasa - an entrepreneur 
I think before the pandemic really ends we should stay at home. I feel the negative effects of the coronavirus. After I was positive for Covid and now it's negative again, I was very careful so it didn't happen again.

3. Bagyo - a farmer
In my opinion, the British government really cares about its people. I believe there is a coronavirus. I will take care of my health every day.

That's all my listening report 5. Thank you.

Comments

Popular Posts