Listening Report 4


     Hi everyone! Today I will share my listening report about the news video. I have listened to these news videos from YouTube. This report is challenging for me because I will pretend that I was an expert and prepare my opinion related to the news video for my guided report. 


Identity
Title: Storm Packs Dangerous Mudslides, Torrential Rain
Date of listening: March 12, 2021

Description About the text
A major storm that happened in California, Colorado, and Texas caused by snow and rain fell from 2 to 4 feet. Rob Marciano tracked a storm in the west more than a dozen states and flood alerts. This can result in very cold temperatures on the weekend.

Comment about the text
I think this news is to inform the residents who are affected by the major storm. This news is very important to know, so the residents can be careful because there will be temperature changes.

Something new
  • Vocabulary: wreck, pile, ranging, flood.
  • Information: I know that major storms are affected by rain and snow.
  • Insight: People must be careful during the major storm.

Identity
Title: Thousands of K-5 Students to Return to Chicago Classrooms Today
Date of listening: March 14, 2021

Description About the text
Thousands of CPS K-5 students return to different ways of learning like at home because they are going to see their teachers and friends in person. The class will be attended by 20% of students in some classes and must adhere to health protocols.

Comment about the text
In my opinion, go back to studying at school during the pandemic is very enjoyable for the students. But, don't forget to wear a mask, face shield, and also social distancing.

Something new
  • Vocabulary: I got a new vocabulary, attentional.
  • Information: In America, K-5 means a term for the education period from kindergarten to fifth grade.
  • Insight: We also learn from their working together, but learning from each other. 



Identity
Title: Daylight Saving Time, Sleep and Mental Health
Date of listening: March 14, 2021

Description About the text
This news is about the negative effects of daylight saving time on sleep and mental health. The problem that occurs in daylight saving time is it can cause depriving brain concentrations also explains the kind of thing to get more light in the morning after daylight saving time. 

Comment about the text
This news is very useful for me to know what is the problem of daylight saving time. I like this news because of increasing knowledge.

Something new
  • Vocabulary: nod, depriving, circumstances, chores.
  • Information: I know the meaning of daylight saving time. Daylight saving time is the practice of moving the clocks forward one hour from standard time during the summer months, and changing them back in the fall. 
  • Insight: The good benefits of daylight saving time are still lacking in this news because according to psychologists, daylight saving time is bad for mental health.
What the expert says: https://anchor.fm/gracia-marchelly/episodes/Guided-Report-eskji7

That's all my listening report 4. Thank you. 👌

Comments

Popular Posts